VANCOUVER (IMMIGRATION OFFICE) INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

1 MONTH CANADA TOUR: THE 3RD YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL

Our flight day and time is November 10, 2013 5:30pm in South Korea and arrival time is November 10, 2013 10:00am in Vancouver.  From Vancouver we need to flight again going to Calgary.
HELLO CANADA 
I can see you, after 10 hours in the air finally in Canada
When we arrived in Vancouver airport I thought it'll be easy for us but not.  When we got in to the first window the girl asked so many question that I thought in the end it'll be ok and that will be the first and last but no.  After the first window my husband and I get our luggage and we go to immigration office, I thought that time only me and my husband but no, many people from different country inside waiting for their turn.  We spent 5 hours inside vancouver airport, my husband and I are so worried because we need to flight 4:00pm going to Calgary but we need to pass the interview first. 

Vancouver Immigration is so strict I'm so nervous that time and Immigration officer's face so strict also, but I know they're just doing their job.  When our turn, Immigration officer lady asked me:

1. why Canada?  I said "because my husband and I dreamed to see the rocky mountain and the Niagara falls.

2. why Calgary?  I said "because the rocky mountain is near there so my husband and I decided to start the tour in Calgary place.

3. where will you guys stay in Calgary?  so I show her our schedule and hotel booking and our flight ticket back and fort.

4. how long you will stay?  I said for only one month.

5. do you know someone here?  and we said "no".

6. what do you do for a living in korea?  we have our own business. etc.

she start checked our bags and my luggage and asked me "did you packed it your self? I said "yes" and she asked "so you know what's in there?" and I said "yes" she saw our marriage license and asked us why we brought that document with you? so I answered;  "we intend to bring that because we heard that in Canada is strict specially for Filipino people, just to proved that we are really husband and wife because in South Korea wives not carry the surname of their spouses".  And the officer said "where did you heard about that? even boyfriend or girl friend can travel together in Canada." I just smile.  I'm nervous but I'm just keep on smiling and I know that officer is really nice, she have a good smile too but she need to be strict.  We bring 1000 US dollar and 1000 CAN dollar she asked me why we bring US dollar my husband answered "because I travel a lot and that dollar excess and I heard it can use it here in Canada".

The lady keep on checking every single items that we have until she saw my husband cellphone, she called the korean interpreter and go inside the private room with the cellphone, it took 30 minutes inside and the officer go outside again and ask my husband calling card and go back again inside the room.  After a few minutes she go outside and stamp our passport and not continue checking our luggage not even open yet my husband luggage from the day of stamp they allow us 6 months of stay in Canada.

I think when they checked my husband cellphone they believed that we're saying the truth about our business etc.

When you get there I think just say the truth and be honest.  After that interview I feel so tired because the burden is in my hand because my husband don't know how to speak English well, so most of the question I'm the one who answered.  I'm nervous because what if we didn't pass the interview? we missed the chance to see Canada and of course we spend already $3000 dollar for the flight ticket. 
picture of me looking tired after the long interview
in Vancouver Airport.

Thanks God we survived hehe. ^_^

Comments

  1. Totoo nga ang sabi sabi nila na mahigpit daw s vancouver airport nakakakaba naman

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

GOOD DAY MATE! ^_^

Popular posts from this blog

HOW MUCH MOVIE TICKET IN SM CINEMA | SM CINEMA PRICES | Magkano na sine ngayon?

PHILIPPINES 2015: BOOM CHICKEN IN ANGELES PAMPANGA

INCHEON ARAMARU SKYWALK AND ARA WATER FALL 아라마루 전망대 & 아라폭포